Oxer Wines Marko Gure Arbasoak, a white wine from Bizkaiko Txakolina , Spain.

Oxer Wines Marko Gure Arbasoak

White Wine
Spain | Region: Bizkaiko Txakolina 
Vintage: 2018 | Grape: Petit Courbu, Gros Courbu & Petit Manseng
Volume: 75cl | ABV: 14%
Food Pairing: Seafood, complex salads, white fish.

Oxer Wines Marko Gure Arbasoak

Like Marko, it is dedicated to Oxer's family home, but in this case, Marko is followed by 'Gure Arbasoak', which in Basque is the equivalent of 'Our Ancestors', those who were part of our life, Alluding to the prehistoric caves of Santimamiñe, near the vineyard.

Tasting Notes

The nose shows aromas of ripe apple and pear, with floral touches. The fermentation in the barrel and the bâtonnages that are carried out add complexity and creaminess that are appreciated in the mouth, with a smoky touch and an elegant, mineral and long finish.

Grape variety: 45% Hondarribi Zuri Zerratia (Petit Courbu), 40% Hondarribi Zuri (Gros Courbu) & 15% Izkiriota Txikia (Petit Manseng).

Vineyards: The vineyards are located in Kortezubi, a small town in Biscay near the coast,
famous for its prehistoric caves, a Unesco heritage. Clayey - calcareous vineyard soil.

Vinification: 30% vinification with fermentation in stainless steel tanks and the other 70%, fermented in fudres and used 500L French oak barrels. Once the fermentation is finished, the wine ages for 7 months in contact with its lees, both in fudres and in used 500L French oak barrels. The wine is bottled unfiltered. 

Serving temperature: Serve at 10.0°C.